Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions Page! Are you wondering how to qualify for an emotional support animal? Well, we’ve got answers here, and also within a few of our blog posts. After you read over our most burning questions, please contact us directly if you still can’t find your answer.

Why Do I Need an Emotional Support Animal Letter?

You have a pet that makes your mental disability less challenging. You’d like to keep them with you as much as possible. An emotional support animal is a great way to help with many conditions. That’s why obtaining an Emotional Support Animal Certification is so important.

What is an Emotional Support Animal Letter?

An ESA letter is a document that says you have been certified by a licensed mental health professional to qualify for an emotional support animal. The letter gives you the right to take your animal with you almost anywhere you need support.

Anyone who has an animal supporting them is likely to be eligible for a certified emotional support animal letter. Moosh has an easy process for determining if you are qualified. The entire process takes less than 10 minutes and you will receive delivery of your ESA letter immediately by email.

What are the benefits of Emotional Support Pet Certification?

Certified emotional support animals are protected by two federal laws: The Fair Housing Act and the Air Carrier Access Act. These laws ensure you are not discriminated against because of your animal and set forth requirements for landlords, airlines, and business owners.
The benefits of having an ESA letter include:

  • Not having to pay a pet deposit when you rent
  • If your pet can fit on your lap or under the seat in front of you, not having to pay additional airline fees
  • Small pets are usually allowed to fly in your lap instead of in their carriers
  • Stores can allow your support animal to accompany you at all times if you carry your ESA letter with you (although this is up to the discretion of the store owner)

Today, most establishments are aware of the benefits an emotional support animal provides – and your right to have one. Establishments can ask for your letter, but they can never ask you about your disability. So be sure to have your original Moosh ESA letter with you when you are out with your support animal.

A properly registered emotional support animal lets everyone know that the animal with you provides a valuable and needed service.

Why Get an ESA Letter From Moosh?

By getting an ESA letter from Moosh, you’ll know that a registered, state-licensed mental health professional has said you qualify to have an emotional support animal. No matter what state you reside in, Moosh has a licensed professional who can work with you. As soon as this professional makes the determination, he or she will immediately send you a certified letter for your emotional support animal. You’ll be able to start taking your pet with you wherever you go sooner and with more confidence.

How do I qualify for an emotional support animal?

Seeing if you qualify takes only minutes. Our licensed mental health professional will ask you a series of simple questions, then he or she will have your letter prepared and sent to you via email and certified mail. You never have to worry about sharing information with us. We comply with all HIPAA requirements and will keep your information entirely confidential.

Let’s get your emotional support pet certification on its way to you today!