Having a genuine emotional support animal letter in 2021 brings several benefits. A genuine ESA letter will mean that you and your animal can enjoy your lives together, availing of the special perks that ESA status brings. An ESA letter enables your emotional support pet to live with you and to travel with you.
Mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety are more common than ever in 2021. The COVID pandemic and lockdowns have made mental health an even more pressing issue because loneliness and stress levels have been exacerbated.
An emotional support pet is an excellent treatment for many types of mental health conditions. The company of a loyal and loving ESA can help reduce the symptoms of most mental health conditions and hugely improve quality of life.
How To Spot A Genuine Emotional Support Animal Letter In 2021
When you are getting an emotional support animal letter in 2021, it is imperative that you make sure it’s genuine. If your ESA letter is not legitimate, then you will waste money and may have to be without the company of your ESA best friend, at least until you get a valid letter.
It is crucial to know the answers to several important questions about how to spot a genuine ESA letter in 2021… Who can write a genuine ESA letter? What are the warning signs of a non-genuine ESA letter? What are the warning signs of a scam company to watch out for? Are online ESA letters legal? Is a fast ESA letter legit? Below we’ll answer all these questions and more.
What Laws Deal With Emotional Support Animal Ownership In 2021?
The federal laws that deal with emotional support animal ownership in 2021 are:
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Housing Act (FHA)
- Air Carriers Act (ACA)
How Do I Know If My ESA Letter Is Legit?
You will know if your emotional support animal letter is legitimate if it comes from a reputable source, such as the Moosh online clinic, and if it has been written by a fully licensed mental health professional. These professionals are qualified to write a person a genuine ESA letter once they have had a telemedicine consultation to verify the person’s suitability for ESA treatment.
What Are The Hallmarks Of A Genuine ESA Letter?
The hallmarks of a genuine emotional support animal letter are:
- It is from a reputable online clinic
- It is signed by an appropriate, fully licensed mental health professional
- It is on official letterhead
- It is in-date
Who Can Write A Genuine Emotional Support Animal Letter?
The following mental health professionals can write a genuine emotional support animal letter:
- Clinical psychologist
- Licensed professional clinical counselor
- Licensed marriage and family therapist
- Licensed clinical social worker
A licensed physician can also write a genuine ESA letter.
What Are The Warning Signs Of A Non-Genuine ESA Letter?
The warning signs of a non-genuine emotional support animal letter are:
- The ESA letter is not written on a licensed mental health professional’s letterhead
- The mental health professional is not licensed in the same state as the patient
- The mental health professional’s contact details are not verifiable
- The mental health professional’s medical license registration number, issue date, and expiration date are not listed
- The ESA letter has no expiration date
What Are The Warning Signs Of A Scam Company To Watch Out For?
The warning signs of a scam ESA letter company are:
- The company provides no customer support
- They offer a letter without the need for a telemedicine consultation with a licensed mental health professional
- The letter they are offering does not have the verifiable details of a licensed health care professional on it
- They offer to “register” or “certify” your ESA – there is no official registry of emotional support animals
How Do I Get A Legitimate ESA Letter?
The best way to get a legitimate ESA letter is to arrange a consultation with a licensed mental health professional through the Moosh online clinic. Once the professional has verified your suitability for ESA treatment, you will immediately be sent a legitimate ESA letter that is valid for one year.
Are Online ESA Letters Legal?
Yes, legitimate online emotional support letters are legal documents that entitle your pet to ESA status.
Is A Fast ESA Letter Legit?
A fast ESA letter is legitimate if it is written by a licensed mental health professional after an online telemedicine consultation has taken place between the professional and the patient.
Do I Need A Hard Copy Of My Online Emotional Support Animal Letter?
You do not necessarily need a hard copy of your emotional support animal letter. Showing your landlord or an airline your digital copy of an ESA letter can be sufficient, though some people find it easier to have a hard copy of their ESA letter as well as a digital copy.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Genuine Emotional Support Animal Letter In 2021?
A genuine ESA letter will enable your pet to have official ESA status for one year. This means your pet will be able to live with you in accommodation that doesn’t usually allow pets, and will also be able to travel with you in the cabin of commercial airlines.